Friday, May 14, 2010

Looking ahead


I can honestly say that I am one of those privileged few who has the curse of ambition. It really doesn't not matter what is happening at the moment or what I have accomplished, I always seem to think beyond the present moment of what doors I could be opening, what things I could be experiencing, etc.
Whenever I finish a story for instance, the time I spend feeling good about it is very limited. I then usually think about what story I'm going to write next. I have given myself several goals as far as writing is concerned. I want to complete at least 100 pieces of literature before my life is done. So far I have completed 24 short stories and about 30 poems so obviously my work is still cut out for me.
Believe it or not, I also have other plans for myself besides writing, but that is probably in the distant future. I want to make sure all of my writing goals are met before then. Traveling, lecturing about horror literature and the Occult, and a few other oddities are what has caught my fancy for the moment. Who Knows? maybe in a couple of years my interests may include a few more things.
The main goal I have given myself is to be the most sought after Horror writer the world has ever seen and with two books published so far, I guess I am well on my way! Hopefully by this time next year I will have two more finished as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment