Thursday, May 20, 2010

Homage to Horror


Some of my favorite movies, of course, have been Horror films. I love how they continue to inspire me even though years have passed. Why, last night I was watching Psycho 2 and could feel the wicked wheels in my head turning. Knowing all too well that a new short story is somewhere close by. As far as my favorite horror movies, the list would probably be a long one.
I always love the ones that include a healthy dose of terror along with the graphic violence and gore. And you can never forget the ones with a purely Occult theme, either. Warlock, Angel heart, Spellbinder, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Hell-raiser,
The Omen, The Exorcist (all of them), And The Brotherhood of Satan are a few that come to mind. I guess I enjoy the classics of the 70's and 80's much more than the ones that are available today.
Hopefully, one day I can get a few of my short stories into movies. I feel they bring that raw animal-like savagery that belongs solely in horror. The kind that used to shock people.

No comments:

Post a Comment