Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Loneliness


I think that loneliness is something that every person feels every once in a while. Some more than others. When I see people who go out of their way to be different or to make some sort of statement, I just see them as being very lonely. In a way, loneliness is a sort of disease because the damage it can do is irreparable. I, myself have accepted the fact that, for the most part, I'm going to be alone in this life. The pain that I feel, the trauma that I have faced in my life, and every experience that has made me unique, I have been through alone. The real question is whether or not it is beneficial to be alone. I have seen several people who I considered a 'malnourished soul', and it is probably from loneliness that they become that way. As messed up as it is, the human race is supposedly meant for consistent contact. It is this need for constant contact where we get our preconceptions about love, something I don't know if I believe in by the way. It seems as though people lose their humanity when they break away from what they are generally wired to feel. I don't know. What I do know is that the blind definitely cannot lead the blind, and when you realize that the chances of people sincerely loving and accepting you are next to nil you can then accept a very callous yet easy to understand reality. As wired as people are supposed to be towards affection and compassion for their fellow human beings, they most definitely are not. It is because of this sad fact that most of them spend most of their lives feeling completely alone. Coming to grips with that can be difficult, but I'm pretty sure that I have. I was brought in to this world alone and I am going to leave it the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment