Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Being satisfactory

If someone would have told me how long I would be working trying to get myself established as a writer, I would have definitely been shocked, but, I don't think it would have made much of a difference. You know the familiar phrase 'The joy is in the journey, not the destination', I guess that holds true for me. I have had many memorable moments writing my stories. And, I have been writing them now for almost a decade. Writing for as long as I have, I have given myself a sort of standard, if you will. A standard that I feel separates me from the rest of the writing world. You know, if you are a writer that is, if your work is satisfactory or not. And if it is not, then it is time to take a look at any outside influences that may be affecting you. Luckily for me, my work has always been more than satisfactory and the day that I feel otherwise, I will probably quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment