Sunday, August 29, 2010

Inevitable Madness


"We all go a little MAD sometimes" Who could forget the famous quote from the character Norman bates from the film 'Psycho'? I think there is more validity to that statement than some might think. With people being the way that they are and life being usually chaotic, madness should be pretty ordinary. I actually have a lot of experience in dealing with the subject at hand. I worked in a mental institution for three years. Prior to working there I had no experience in such a place, so you can just imagine how much of a shock it was to me. After spending three years in such a place, you really start to ask the question "Is there really that much of a difference between madness and normalcy?" Even to this day I don't know if I can answer that. A lot of the patients I saw actually had normal lives before they were subjected to some kind of terrible trauma. When you look at that fact rather closely, you can see that anyone and everyone can be subject to insanity. It all depends on your circumstances. Life can be fragile. Even the slightest sort of negative happening can alter it forever. Considering how weak psychologically most people are, there is good chance that they will never recover from any sort of true trauma. It is because of this fact, that I myself have adopted the philosophy "Madness is Bliss"

No comments:

Post a Comment