Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Something to grow on


Just the other day I received an E-mail I thought was more than a little odd. It seems my old would-be publisher (the one I have mentioned on more than one occasion) wrote to me saying that she desperately needed some advice regarding a certain mental condition she had been afflicted with. While I do possess ample knowledge regarding mental and psychological disorders, I found it bizarre to say the least. She truly must have been desperate to ask me, of all people in the world, for assistance. And because I can be honorable when I choose to be, I gave her what information I deemed useful. I must admit that I found the whole situation humorous indeed.
It just goes to show that our actions do, in fact, catch up with us after all. I'm sure when she was in full possession of her mental capabilities she would have never considered such an act. This is the same person who I had to track down with an attorney and forcibly persuade to return to me my money and the rights of my first book (she also cost me three years of my time and many opportunities regarding publicity) Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily wish anyone ill-will, but when karma rears it's ugly head to those who have tried to wrong me,I don't feel bad about it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment