Monday, September 13, 2010

Favorite seasons


Believe it or not, I'm really not a spring or summer person. My favorite seasons are autumn and winter. I like what they tend to symbolize. A lot of the stories I create take place in either one or the other. Not to mention that my favorite holiday, Halloween, takes place around the same time as well. I think the world is most beautiful around this time. The dying, fading colors. The cold and chilling weather. The somber mood and atmosphere. I truly enjoy myself around this time. I like the historical significance that comes with both seasons. How the ancient people would sacrifice to their gods and pray for a good harvest. Some ancient societies even had gods that represented these seasons. There is absolutely nothing like walking through a graveyard during autumn or, especially, winter. The feel is pure pleasure. At least it is for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment