Saturday, July 10, 2010

Writers block, again!


While I am brainstorming for my new story I have, once again, fallen prey to writers block. I always hate when that happens and it happens every single time I start a new story. No exaggerations. It may be because of the fact that I am a self-confessed perfectionist when it comes to my stories. Everything has to be perfect. The intro, the wording, the title, everything. I feel that my literature represents me as a person and I want my material to be seen as nothing less than perfect. I feel too many writers compromise a certain standard, if you will, a standard that should be shared by all those who consider writing their passion. I am a big believer in writing rough drafts on scratch paper before even considering having the final product typed out and put into a hardcover. Every meticulous detail should be considered while writing the rough draft. And once the final touches have been made and the story is complete, I feel no need for editing or critics!
As with every story I write, I am trying to put together a piece of work never before seen by the general public. Once I pull myself out of this temporary rut, and it is temporary, the creative forces within me will take over and the end result will hopefully mystify others the same way that creating such work does for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment