Friday, November 24, 2017

Lack of Strictures

Anyone who knows anything about our craft should know that certain writers have a different emphasis on what they consider priority. For instance, I don't consider it an emergency if punctuation takes a backseat to imagination. And believe me, I have been more than criticized for that prerogative. When one takes a close look at those who adhere to such strictures, you'll find their work to be lacking in the interest department. Honestly, I find most of them so redundant, I can barely stomach them. They seem to be focused on the attempt to impress readers with supposed sophistication but usually fail to do so. And most of them, fortunately for me, usually partake in genres outside of Horror. I feel it is the most important priority to command attention and, again most rewarding to me, depravity and imagination go hand in hand in doing so. Rigid conduct can be beneficial in other fields, but for writers it is most limiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment