Thursday, September 28, 2017

Greece was awesome!!

I must say, though I regret it was a rather short trip, that my Greece trip was insanely satisfying. If I had only one word to describe it, it would have to be: Smooth. From getting off the plane and finding which bus to take to get to Olympia(where I stayed the whole time I was there), to the Hotels I stayed in(I had not made a previous reservation), to the restaurants and, finally, to the ancient attractions; it was outstanding! The Temple of Hera itself was worth the whole trip as I've never visited anywhere else in the world that had the same level of mystical sway on me. The museums were also fascinating as I learned facts especially from the Olympics that can considered most brutal indeed. The food was as good as anywhere in the world, though I'll admit I basically stuck to indulging in street foods, like Gyros and Souvlaki. Greek wine was a tad bit stronger than what I'm used to but it was so delicious it's actually difficult to describe.
It was also an extremely inexpensive trip, I spent $360.00 the whole time I was there. All in all, I have absolutely no regrets and would implore anyone interested in History, Mythology, and especially food and wine to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment