Wednesday, July 26, 2017

R.I.P George Romero and Martin Landau

It's only been a few days since two icons in the Horror film genre passed away. George Romero and Martin Landau were both giants in a genre that is almost always plagued by oblivion. Looking around at the greats that are left, I am regretful to declare that there aren't too many of them. It makes me feel fortunate that I grew up in the 80's when Horror movies were based more on style and substance than sheer volume and repetition. I sometimes contemplate if my beloved genre will ever make a comeback and if such timeless legends of the past, there are so many of them, can ever truly be replaced.
Which brings me to another subject altogether; time. One truly has no idea of the time allotted them in this life. So, with that in mind, I feel it is best to always strive for the completion of one's aspirations. I honestly can't imagine a deeper Hell than striving one's whole life to achieve just that and still remaining in the confines of an unending obscurity. Maybe one doesn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment