Thursday, January 26, 2017

Usual 'Unusual' inspirations for new story

As usual, the inspirations I'm drawing for my new novella 'Further Passage' are anything but ordinary. I find it both amusing and completely bizarre how the imagery that forms in my thoughts comes to me with barely an effort and doesn't give a moments peace until said project is completed. 'Brujeria' also known as Mexican Witchcraft, is one of the subjects I have been studying for this particular work as one of the characters is, in fact, a witch. And also the Magical Ritual known as the Abra Melin has also found its way into the story. It has been a month since I've started this story and just like all the others before it, it has indeed taken a life of its own. I find that both mesmerizing and frustrating because when I think the main story line is one certain way, It starts to assume many tricks and turns making me yearn both for a clear theme and a story that fits my standards of entertainment. Needless to say, I am very excited with how the story is at the moment and I can only hope that it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment