Sunday, January 15, 2017

Progressing on my second Novella

I've been fortunate to have a continuous output since I decided to become a writer so many years ago. Recently I took a look at the patterns of starting and completing my many projects and found many similarities that I would probably never notice while I was working on them. I feel it is very important for writers to stay busy, regardless of what is happening in their personal lives. I also feel it is a necessity to acknowledge, as a writer, one's preferred genre. Too many times I have seen writers jump from one genre to another and while sometimes it works, most often it can have setbacks. I have stated several times that as a Horror writer, I am an absolute purist, even though I have branched outside of it a small handful of times. I would never think of including a genre that didn't fit my chosen one, such as comedy. Lately, I have kept myself more than busy while working on my second Novella 'Further Passage'. And again, as with so many of my works, its as if the other side commands my hand. I really don't know why, if it is in fact true, such a supernatural act occurs, but believe me, I'm not complaining. I feel such assistance is more or less an advantage. Everything that comes my way in life, be it a certain movie, a conversation, music and so forth, inspires my progression to the story and I really can't say if it's mere coincidence. If it is, I hope it continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment