Monday, January 16, 2017

R.I.P William Peter Blatty

I was saddened to hear that the author of the one of the best horror films ever, 'The Exorcist', has died. William Peter Blatty was a definite pioneer during the time when one could definitely argue that the genre of Horror had reached a certain peak. He was able to produce a movie that has stood on it's own among a slew of other greats, including 'Halloween', 'Rosemary's Baby', and 'The Omen'. Though achieving initial success with the Exorcist, and, in my own opinion, again with the 'The Exorcist 3', I was quite surprised when he didn't replicate such success with other films. But, maybe that's how fickle success can be. When one reaches the usually unattainable, sometimes it's not greatness that is the reward, but obscurity. When I really think about it, perhaps that is what William Peter Blatty actually did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment