Monday, November 24, 2014

Consistently being in a state of INSPIRATION!

I have recently completed the first part of my third novel. While it is extremely satisfactory to me that I am that much closer to completing my work, its also a grim reminder that I still have a lot of work to do. I guess the trickiest endeavor for anyone involved with the creation process is to not only never rest on your laurels, its consistently being in the state of inspiration. With so much disappointing material lurking in the new representations of the genre of horror, inspiration can be challenging indeed for someone like myself. In order to stay passionate about my work and never lose the focus I need to make sure they are of utmost quality, I find myself always resorting to the past. For instance, during Halloween night I watched a horror movie from the 80's, a largely forgotten one at that. The name of the film was 'Prom Night 2: Hello Mary Lou'. While in no way was the film ever one of my favorites, I admit that it kept my horror appetites sated far more appropriately than anything being produced currently. That, among other things, is a reason I truly love Halloween. So many forgotten gems of my favorite genre are taken from the their shadowy confines and for only a brief time made available. If only that could be a more regular occurrence!

No comments:

Post a Comment