Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween, once again!

Happy Halloween. It's my favorite holiday and it always puts me in such an excited mood. But, tell you the truth, I never really get to do what I want and I almost always spend the day watching horror movies and passing out candy to pubescent trick-or-treaters. Since I'm an absolute believer in magic in all of it's forms, I always feel disappointed that I cant spent the day partaking in some sort of obscure ritual, or visiting some haunted site. One thing that I've always pictured myself doing is attending a party of powerful elitists and reading them my works in the fashion formerly practiced by Lord Francis Dashwood. One can only wish! Needless to say, this is my favorite time of the year. The changing colors of trees, the amber sky. To me, the scenery itself is simply magnificent! And we must never forget the original meaning of the holiday which was a night when the spirits of the other side, whether good or evil, could make themselves appear with the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment