Saturday, October 13, 2012

29th short story completed

Alas, my 29th short story 'Innocence Lost' is finished. As with all the stories I've completed recently, this one also had many strange occurrences happen during it's production. I've never had a story where I didn't have one bout of writer's block. Not one! I guess there is a first time for everything. Just like the five previous ones I have written before it, the length of the story was remarkably similar. And, just like the others as well, the content of the story sort of came out of nowhere. As I've said many times before, it's like they write themselves. I am some sort of fleshly vehicle, if you will. Every time I finish a story there is a sort of bittersweet feeling I have. I'm elated that I finished a story, of course. But, then I have to go through the whole process of coming up with new ideas and everything that comes with that. I guess that is part of the package for choosing to be involved in the creative arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment