Friday, October 22, 2021

Chaotic directions

 Its officially been two months since I started my current project 'A Kiss of Death: A Countenance of Devils'. Needless to say, I'm not even close to where I want to be as far as length is concerned, but I am happy to be working on it nonetheless. As with so many other projects before it, this project has definitely been affected by sporadic fits of writer's block, which if you're a writer is the worst affliction you could ever endure. I have to admit its taken a tremendous amount of research, meditation, and overall straining to get to proper vein, if you will, as far as direction goes. For without direction, I don't care how good of a writer one considers themselves, nothing they create will suffice. 

This particular project is, in a way, quite chaotic and all over the place. But, I really don't consider that really a bad thing if the story can create, and keep, a general interest. A narrative that overall makes sense. Naturally, I have to make use of so many elements necessary to my creations. Namely: dark and atmospheric music and wine. Also, the season this is taking place in is quite helpful as well. Anyone who knows me truly knows that the autumn season is my favorite time of the year and creating another story this close to Halloween is definitely a reward unto itself!


No comments:

Post a Comment