Tuesday, July 14, 2020

A painful shift to an unknown direction

Well, it seems a lot has happened in the last few months. The world has been gripped by both plague and chaos and I finished my cavalier story, 'Bruja'. I, like seemingly so many others at the moment, have really no idea what the future holds, which technically is not surprising since No one really does. But, this year makes 20'years that I pursued my lifelong goal of becoming a writer. A goal that has been nothing less than a stupendous journey past the depths of monotony I could have never imagined.
With that said, I feel myself being pulled and the truth is that I have no understanding of the direction to which such a pull will take me. It's quite scary really because writing is all I have really known.
It's defined my passions, my motivations, and everything one associates with success.
Everyone involved in the creative fields, and most people period I think, understand that everyone changes with time. Their interests change, their personalities change, the core of what they desire changes. Nothing remains as it once was, especially after 20 years.
Looking at my past accomplishments, I consider myself bordering both success and failure. Truth be told I never came close to achieving what I wanted to yet I've had several fellow writers tell me that I've achieved more than about 90%  of 'average' writers. So, in a way my journey was very bittersweet.
This is not to say that one day in the distant future I may or may not make the amazing decision to once again put pen to paper, but as of right now uncertainty is definitely a factor.
I may have been meant to be a writer, but perhaps I wasn't meant to stay one. Or perhaps this shift in direction is simply another chapter in the journey that is life. Who knows?



No comments:

Post a Comment