Sunday, February 18, 2018

Messages from beyond

It seems like only yesterday when I recollect the time I went to an abandoned house equipped with a Ouija board, looking for messages from beyond. Most of the inquiries I had, had to do with the direction of my writing career and though I wasn't totally satisfied with the level of information I received, it was adequate no doubt. The one instance that stands out is when I asked which of my books was going to be the most popular. As my hands were on the Obelisk, it began with the letter 'B'. Since I had two books that began with that letter, I was rather excited but my expectations were sullied when instead of the book I conceived to be the desirable one was overlooked. As the name of my other book was spelled out, I found myself in a way not at all surprised, since I've had a connection to the Occult from the beginning of my writing career. Yet that, like so many other instances to me, is simply another example that there are forces at work which I cannot explain nor do I care to. Perhaps, the main question to be asked is not whether I 'make it' or not but rather when all of my aspirations come to light. And in that sense, I'm extremely thankful. For such a process goes far beyond any sour tongue from critics, and passes completely from the concept of obscurity. It would be very interesting to know whether other writers feel the same way about their own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment