Monday, August 31, 2015

R.I.P Wes Craven

I was very sad to find out that horror film director Wes Craven passed away yesterday. I don't know of a horror film fan alive that can't appreciate his contributions to the genre. I, myself, grew up watching several of his films from the original 'Nightmare on Elm Street' to the 'People under the Stairs'. Equally saddening to myself is the fact that aside from a few die hard fanatics the tragic event hardly made headlines. Yet, perhaps that is the true beauty of Horror: It's not meant to be enjoyed by everyone and to those it is appreciated by, it is revered indeed. With my favorite genre losing so many of its contributors, it is up to the next generation to keep the banners held high for I feel it is a tradition well worth keeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment