Tuesday, October 23, 2018

18 years and 6 months!

Alas, it's been 18 years and 6 months since I made the life-altering decision to become a writer. While not one regret passes through my mind in the course of such an action, I do sometimes wonder what direction my life would have taken if I would have made different choices. I need not look any further than the multitude of masses who have no passion for their lives, nor do they any have any direction that isn't dictated by the demands of a superficial world.
In that sense, I'm eternally grateful. A teacher I had years ago stressed the importance of living what he called 'an extraordinary life'. A life that would strive for the absolution of fulfilled potential and test the limits of existence itself. I've traveled over the Atlantic Ocean over seven times, seen the U.S from coast to coast, had haunting and exhilarating experiences, and it doesn't seem like I'm going to slow down any time soon.
I've written novels, novellas, short stories, poems, articles, and the lot. And while the question of what to do with the next 20 or so years of my life still wanders aimlessly in my mind, if I'm able to continue this extraordinary path, I'd say that would be a good direction!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment