Monday, June 18, 2018

How to measure progress?

I find it sometimes strange when I consider what most people recognize as progress. I mean, I personally have had fits of writers block that could last months. So, that being said, if you are able to have a decent output of material over an acceptable time frame, I wouldn't consider it a bad thing. I recently read about a writer whose blocks were so severe that it literally took him over two decades to complete one particular novel. Considering the fact that I haven't even been writing that long, such a situation would have definitely affected me.
But, how long is such an acceptable period? When one decides what sort of tale their going to weave, be it a Novel, Novella, or short story, the best way I feel one can measure progress is how much work one spends on it daily. I feel, to truly consider yourself a writer, you have to spend at least two hours daily if not just writing, then also brainstorming , researching, and otherwise.
Like everything else in life, I believe that writing is most definitely something that you will get out of what you put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment