Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Of Myth and Majesty...

Being a writer for most of my life, I handily admit that mythology has interested me almost more than any other subject. There's so many Gods and Goddesses that I find it perplexing to narrow it down to which ones I've taken a virtual obsession with. But, if I was to be pressed on which one was my absolute favorite and which one I would could easily spend the rest of my life praising, it would be the Ancient Grecian Queen of the Gods, Hera. I can't remember when my fascination with Hera began but I've always considered her the most fair and beautiful of all the Gods. So beautiful I consider Hera, I would find it impossible to find any semblance of her beauty with any and all of human women. It's this undying fascination that propels me to one day visit Greece and give homage at one of the many temples there that honored her. It's also the reason why I gave her a small but commanding part in the first book of the 'Goblin Tale' and why I'm sure she will be in the books that follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment