Saturday, June 1, 2013

Confidence

If you're a writer, I feel the most important thing one can have in regards to their work is confidence in their abilities. You see, we all live in a world where there are far more critics than there are creators. The actions, attitudes, or words of those critics can be damaging to those who do not have a strong sense of worth. I, myself, have been told several things that I felt were less than kind. Of course, several reasons were given to justify those who said those things to me, from 'it's constructive criticism' to 'Yes your work is original and eccentric, but....' Truth is, ridicule is ridicule. If you have the ability to consistently ignore it and not let it change the person you are, that might be a good thing. So, in that regard, confidence is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment